This error code is usually caused by a permissions issue with the Windows Firewall. To fix this, you will need to add an exception for the game or program that is causing the error.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- error code: 0x80070005 game pass
- error code: 0x80070005 xbox game pass pc
- error code: 0x80070005 xbox beta
1. Check for updates to your game pass
- Start your game by launching it from your Xbox One dashboard.
- If you are prompted to sign in, do so.
- On the Home screen, under My Games and Apps, select Game Pass.
- On the Game Pass screen, select My Account and then select Manage Game Pass.
- Select Check for Updates.
- If there are any updates available, you will be prompted to select one.
- Select Install and then confirm the update.
- Your game pass will be updated and the error code will be resolved.
2. Try running the game as an administrator
- Go to "Start" and type "cmd" into the search bar. Right click on the "Command Prompt" shortcut and select "Run as Administrator."
- Type "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rocketleague\Binaries\Win64"
- Type " steamcmd " and press Enter.
- Type " launchrocketleague.exe -config <configuration file> " and press Enter.
- Type " quit " and press Enter.
3. Disable your antivirus software and try again
1.Navigate to the antivirus software's installation directory. 2.Disable the antivirus software. 3.Restart the computer. 4.Install the antivirus software again. 5.Check if the error code has been fixed.
4. Reset your Windows Store cache
- Open the Start menu and type "cmd".
- Right-click on "cmd" and select "Run as Administrator".
- In the command prompt, type "net stop Store" and press Enter.
- Type "net start Store" and press Enter.
- In the command prompt, type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
- Type "msconfig" and press Enter.
- In the "System Configuration" window, under the "Boot" tab, select the "Reset Windows Store cache" option.
- Click on the "Reset" button.
- Restart your computer.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Restart your computer and try again.
- Reinstall the game pass.