Error code 255 is a generic error code that indicates that a problem has occurred with the Metro service. This error code can be caused by a number of factors, including but not limited to:
-The Metro service is not running.
-The Metro service is not responding.
-There is a problem with the Metro service configuration.
-The Metro service is not able to connect to the required resources.
This error code can be resolved by restarting the Metro service, checking the service configuration, and ensuring that the service has access to the required resources.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- error code 255 metro
- server error code 255
- metropcs device unlock error code 255
1. Make sure that your computer's date and time are set correctly
- On your computer, open the Start menu and click Date and Time.
- In the Date and Time window, click the Date tab.
- In the Date range list, select the month and year you want to set your computer's date and time.
- Click the Time tab and set the time zone.
- Click the OK button.
- Restart your computer.
2. Try reinstalling the program
- Start by opening up the Windows "Start Menu" and searching for "Programs and Features"
- Once the Programs and Features window is open, scroll down to the "Metro" section and click on it
- On the Metro window, click on the "Uninstall" button next to the "Metro" program
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, click on the "Close" button in the Programs and Features window
- Search for "Metro" again in the "Start Menu" and click on it this time
- On the Metro window, click on the "Install" button next to the "Metro" program
- Once the installation process is complete, click on the "Close" button in the Metro window
3. If you are trying to run a program from a network drive, try copying the program to your local hard drive and running it from there
- Open the program you wish to run from your local hard drive.
- Copy the program to your local hard drive.
- Run the program from your local hard drive.
4. Try running the program as an administrator
- Launch the metro app on your phone.
- Tap the three lines in the top left corner.
- Select Settings.
- Under System, tap Advanced.
- Under User Rights, tap Run As Administrator.
- Tap OK.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Check to see if there are any updates available for the program.
- Try running the program in compatibility mode.
- Try disabling any antivirus or security software that might be blocking the program.
- Make sure that all required files and dependencies are present and accounted for.
- Try resetting your computer's Winsock catalog.
- If all else fails, you may need to contact the program's developer for assistance.