Error code 279 is a Roblox error that typically occurs when the game is unable to load properly. This can be due to a variety of reasons, such as an outdated or corrupted game file, an issue with the Roblox server, or a problem with your computer or internet connection. If you see this error code, it is recommended that you try restarting the game or your computer, and check your internet connection to see if there are any issues. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Roblox support for further assistance.
1. Check your internet connection and try again
- Open the Google Chrome web browser and go to the "Settings" tab.
- Under the "Advanced" heading, click on the "Network" button.
- Under the "Connection" section, check that the "Status" is "Connected".
- If the "Status" is not "Connected", click on the "Reset" button.
- Click on the "OK" button to close the "Connection" window.
- In the "Address bar", type "www.roblox.com" and press the "Enter" button.
- If you are prompted to log in, type your user name and password and click on the "Log in" button.
- If you are not prompted to log in, you are connected to the website. Click on the "Play" button to play the game.
2. Restart your computer
- Press the "Windows" key on your keyboard to open the Start Menu.
- Click on "System" in the Start Menu.
- Click on "Restart."
- Select the "Reboot" option.
- Click on "Yes."
- After your computer has restarted, sign in to your account again.
- Check to see if the error has been resolved.
3. Clear your browser's cache and cookies
- Open your browser and go to the "Tools" menu.
- Select "Internet Options."
- Select the "Advanced" tab.
- Under "Settings," click on "History."
- Select the time period you want to clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- Click on the "Clear" button.
- Click on the "Close" button.
- Reload your browser.
- Try to access your account again.
4. Disable any browser extensions or add-ons that might be interfering
First, open the "Browsers and Email" section of your Google Chrome browser. Next, click on the three lines in the top left corner of the "Browsers and Email" section. Then, click on the "Extensions" tab. Finally, click on the "Disable" button next to any browser extensions or add-ons that you want to disable.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Try a different browser
- Update your browser to the latest version
- Contact Roblox support