The error code 30034-4 is a Windows update error that occurs when the system is unable to connect to the Windows update server. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including firewall settings, incorrect proxy settings, or a corrupted Windows update server.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- error code 30034 4
- office error code 30034 4
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Shut down your computer
- Remove the power cord from the back of the computer
- Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off the computer
- Wait 5 seconds
- Plug in the power cord to the back of the computer
- Hold down the F10 key to restart your computer
- If the computer starts up, try to fix the error code 30034 4
2. Make sure that you have the latest updates for Office and Windows
- Check for updates through the Windows Update tool.
- Check for updates through the Microsoft Office Update tool.
- Check for updates through the Microsoft Windows Update tool.
- Install any available updates.
3. Run the Office Repair tool to fix the issue
To run the Office Repair tool, follow these steps:
- Open the Office Repair tool.
- Select your Office 365 account.
- Click the "Start" button.
- Select your issue.
- Click the "Fix" button.
- Follow the prompts to fix your issue.
4. Uninstall and reinstall Office
- Open the control panel.
- Click on the Programs and Features icon.
- Under the Office category, click on Uninstall Office.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Office.
- After uninstallation is complete, click on the Install Office button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Office.