Error code sigtrap is a code that is used to indicate an error condition when a program is executed. This error code happens when the program is unable to find a valid instruction to execute. This can happen due to a variety of reasons, including missing or corrupted files, incorrect permissions, or a bug in the program.
Other common searches for this error include:
- sigtrap error code
- error code sigtrap
1. Restart the computer
- Close all open programs.
- Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds to turn off the computer.
- After the computer has turned off, press the power button to restart it.
- When the computer starts up, release the power button.
- When the computer has booted to the start up screen, press the F8 key to open the boot menu.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Repair Your Computer.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Click on Restart.
- After the computer has restarted, press F5 to refresh the start up screen.
2. Update the software
- Open the software and click on 'Help'
- Click on 'Check for Updates'
- If there are any available updates, click on 'Update Now'
- The updates will be downloaded and installed
- If there are any errors during the update process, please click on 'Error Report' and provide as much information as possible
- Once the update is complete, please click on 'Finish'
- Please check the 'Status' section to see if the software has been updated successfully
3. Reinstall the software
- Close all open programs and windows on your computer.
- Double-click on the icon of the software that you want to reinstall.
- Select the "Setup" option from the menu that appears.
- Select "Reinstall" from the list of options that appears.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the software.
- If the software has a Help file, read the instructions in that file before completing the reinstallation process.
- After the reinstallation process is complete, close all open programs and windows on your computer, and then restart your computer.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Run a virus scan
- Check for hardware issues