The f2 code on a Whirlpool washer is an error code that indicates that the washer is not draining properly. This can be caused by a clogged drain hose, a clogged drain pump, or a faulty drain pump.
Other common searches for this error include:
- whirlpool cabrio f2 error code
- f2 error code whirlpool washer
1. Unplug the washer for 1 minute
- Unplug the washer from the electrical outlet.
- Wait 1 minute.
- Plug the washer back into the electrical outlet.
- Press the power button to turn on the washer.
- If the f2 code persists, call a qualified technician for assistance.
2. Plug the washer back in and open and close the lid 6 times within 12 seconds
- Plug the washer back in and open the lid.
- Close the lid and wait for the washer to start.
- Open the lid and close it six times within 12 seconds.
- Wait for the washer to finish the cycle.
3. Press the START/PAUSE button once
1.Press the START/PAUSE button once 2.The washer should start beeping and the door should unlock 3.Open the door and add the clothes 4.Close the door and press the START/PAUSE button again 5.The washer should start washing the clothes
4. If the washer is still displaying the F2 code, unplug the washer and call a Whirlpool service technician for assistance
- If the washer is still displaying the F2 code, unplug the washer and call a Whirlpool service technician for assistance.
- The service technician will likely need to replace the main control board in order to fix the issue.
- Once the control board has been replaced, the washer should function properly once again.