The LF error code on a Whirlpool washer indicates a Long Fill error. This error code is displayed when the washer is not able to reach the correct water level within a certain amount of time. There are several reasons why this error code may be displayed, including a slow water fill, a restricted water supply, or a problem with the water inlet valve. If the LF error code is displayed, the washer will not be able to operate and will need to be repaired.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- lf error code on whirlpool washer
- whirlpool washer lf code
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not kinked or blocked
- Open the whirlpool washer.
- Locate the drain hose.
- Inspect the drain hose for kinked or blocked sections.
- If the drain hose is kinked or blocked, remove the kink or blockage.
- Reattach the drain hose to the whirlpool washer.
- Close the whirlpool washer.
2. Check the drain pump filter and clean it if necessary
To check the drain pump filter and clean it if necessary in order to fix whirlpool washer LF code, follow these steps:
- Turn off the water supply to the washer.
- Remove the front panel of the washer.
- Inspect the drain pump filter for clogs or debris. If necessary, remove and clean the filter.
- Reconnect the water supply to the washer.
- Test the washer by filling it with water and turning it on.
3. Make sure the washer is level and all four feet are firmly on the ground
- Remove the water and detergent containers from the washer.
- Locate the front of the washer.
- Look for a metal rod or a leveling screw on the front of the washer.
- If there is a metal rod, remove it. If there is a leveling screw, adjust it so that the washer is level.
- Replace the water and detergent containers and check the washer level again.
- Replace the metal rod or leveling screw if needed.
4. If the washer is still not draining properly, call a repairman
If the washer is still not draining properly, call a repairman in order to fix whirlpool washer LF code.