The Generac Error Code 1505 is a common error code that is caused by a problem with the fuel pump. This error code can be caused by a number of different things, but the most common cause is a problem with the fuel pump itself. There are a few things that you can do to try and fix this problem, but the most likely fix is to replace the fuel pump.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- how to clear generac error code
- generac generator error code 1505
- error code 1505 generac
- generac error code 1505
1. Check the oil level and fill if necessary
There are a few different steps that need to be taken in order to check the oil level and fill if necessary in order to fix generac error code 1505. The first step is to turn off the power to the unit by unplugging the power cord from the outlet. Next, remove the oil filler cap by unscrewing it and lifting it off of the oil filler hole. Next, use a drop of oil to check the level of oil in the oil filler hole. If the level of oil is low, then the unit needs to be filled with new oil. To fill the unit, use a funnel to pour oil into the oil filler hole until the level reaches the top of the hole. Once the unit is filled with oil, replace the oil filler cap and screw it back onto the oil filler hole. Finally, plug the power cord into the outlet and turn on the power to the unit.
2. Check the coolant level and add coolant if necessary
- Check the coolant level in the engine. If it is low, add coolant.
- Check the coolant level in the reservoir. If it is low, add coolant.
- Reconnect the power cord to the power source.
- Start the engine and let it idle until the engine cools down.
- Check the coolant level again. If it is still low, add more coolant.
3. Clean or replace the air filter
- Remove the air filter cover by gently prying it off with a flathead screwdriver.
- Remove the air filter.
- Clean the air filter with a vacuum cleaner and a clean cloth.
- Replace the air filter by reversing the above steps.
4. Clean the spark plugs and check the gap
Use a spark plug socket and ratchet to remove each spark plug. Clean the insides of the plugs with a wire brush and a good solvent. Install the spark plugs and tighten the bolts to 25 ft. lbs. Check the gap between the plugs using a dial gauge. If the gap is too wide, replace the spark plugs. If the gap is not too wide, check the spark plug leads for damage or gaps. If the leads are damaged or have gaps, replace the spark plugs.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check the fuel level and add fuel if necessary.
- Check for loose wiring and tighten as necessary.
- Check for blockages in the exhaust system.
- Call a qualified technician for further assistance.