Hulu error 5003
What is ‘Hulu error 5003’?
Hulu error 5003 is an error that usually occurs when trying to stream content through the application. It is a playback error that causes the app to freeze and may ask you to check your connection. It may also occur in the middle of watching content when you pause it and try to resume watching it again. It may occur on devices like Apple TV and PlayStation 4.
How can you fix ‘Hulu error 5003’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Checking the internet connection
- Putting a DNS address manually
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Check Internet Connection
“Hulu error 5003” may appear when your internet connection or your home network has a problem. Your internet connection might be slow or your internet service provider (ISP) is undergoing maintenance or experiencing a problem. Also, it could be your network desynchronized with your device or with the ISP. To fix this, see the guide below.
- If you’re using WiFi connection makes sure your device is receiving a strong WiFi signal.
- Check your internet speed using other devices such as a smartphone or computer.
Access speedtest.net to check your internet speed. If the internet speed is below normal, call your ISP.
Hulu internet speed minimum requirement is at least 1.5 Mbps.
- If the internet speed is normal, turn off and unplug your device (AppleTV, gaming console, and LGTV) and your modem router for at least three minutes.
- Also, if you have a companion that is connected to your home network, they might be using too much internet bandwidth such as downloading a large amount of data or if you have a device connected to a network that does automatically do an update, like Windows Update, it could also be the caused.
- Manually input a DNS address on your device (AppleTV, gaming console, and LGTV). See solution 2 for the instructions.
- If the error continues, check your device (AppleTV, gaming console, and LGTV) for a system update.
- It is also possible that the Hulu application has the problem, try to reinstall it.
- If the error still persists, your internet service provider could be the caused of the problem. They might have a connection issue with Hulu. Try to call them to verify.
Solution 2. Input DNS address manually
As stated above, “Hulu error 5003” may occur if you have connection issues with the Hulu server and changing the DNS address might able to fix it. See below on how to manually input a DNS address. This solution will use Google public DNS address, which is free and legit.
For Apple TV
- Go to Setting.
- Network >> Ethernet or WiFi >> Configure DNS.
- Set DNS to Manual and type in 008.008.008.008 or 008.008.004.004.
- When finished, restart Apple TV.
- Go to Settings >> Network >> View connection.
- Copy or take a picture of the IP address, Gateway address, and Subnet mask.
- Go to Settings >> Network >> Internet Connection.
- Select from WiFi or LAN Cable, whichever you are using.
- Select Custom.
- For the IP address select Manual. Input IP, subnet, and gateway, that you have copied.
- If you do not have a DNS server, use Google Public DNS.
Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124
Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199
- For the MTU setting, select automatic.
- Proxy server, select Do not use.
- Then, test your connection.