The iPhone error 4013 code happens when the iTunes software on your computer cannot communicate with the iPhone because the iPhone is locked. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including if the iPhone is turned off, if it is not connected to the computer, or if it is not in DFU mode. If you are getting this error code, you will need to make sure that the iPhone is turned on, that it is connected to the computer, and that it is in DFU mode.
You are here because you have a question about:
- iphone error code 4013
- error code 4013
- apple error code 4013
- iphone error 4013
1. Update your iPhone to the latest iOS version
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Select General
- Select Software Update
- Tap on the Update button
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap on the Update button
- Your iPhone will now begin to update to the latest iOS version.
- Once the update is complete, your iPhone will restart.
2. Connect your iPhone to iTunes and attempt to update or restore it
- Open iTunes and sign in if you have not already done so.
- On the left side of the window, click the “iPhone” button and then click the “iTunes” menu option.
- If you have more than one iPhone, select the one you want to work with from the list on the right side of the window.
- Click the “Store” button and then click the “Check for Updates” button.
- If there are any updates available, iTunes will display a message telling you how to download and install them.
- Click the “Install” button to install the updates.
- If you have not already done so, click the “Restore” button to restore your iPhone to its factory settings.
- If you have already restored your iPhone, click the “Restore” button again to start the restore process.
- iTunes will start restoring your iPhone and will ask you some questions about your device.
- When the restore process is finished, your iPhone will be restarted and you will be able to use it.
3. If you still see the error, try putting your iPhone into DFU mode
- Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
- Tap "General."
- Tap "Restore" at the bottom of the General screen.
- Tap "DFU" at the top of the Restore screen.
- Put your iPhone into DFU mode.
- Tap "Erase" at the top of the Restore screen.
- Tap "Yes" to confirm.
- Your iPhone will be erased and the problem should be fixed.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Check for hardware issues.
- Try a different USB cable.
- Check your security software.
- Check your USB port and make sure it's not damaged.
- Restart your computer.
- Try a different computer.