iPhone error 1671
What is iPhone error 1671?
iPhone error 1671 is an error that usually occurs in iTunes when it is being updated, or when any of the devices like iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are being restored.
How can you fix iPhone error 1671?
Some of the solutions to this error include doing a Device Firmware Update and testing hardware.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Do a Device Firmware Update (DFU)
If you encounter a blue screen and iPhone error 1671 appears during the restoration, your firmware might have been damaged. Please do Device Firmware Update. Be aware that DFU mode will delete all the personal files stored on your iPhone.
Restore the device using Device Firmware Update Mode
- Run iTunes, then plug in your iPhone to your computer using the bundled USB cable or a high-speed USB cable.
- Next, press and hold the home button and power button at the same time for 10 seconds.
- Release only the power button after 10 seconds but keep hold the home button for additional five seconds. If the Apple logo appears on the screen, please repeat the process.
- If the screen is still black, wait for the message, “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode” to appear on your computer’s iTunes.
- Click “OK” to restore your phone, wait for the process to finish.
If the DFU is unsuccessful, the IPSW file extension or the firmware might be incompatible or damaged. You might want to download a new one but delete the old IPSW file extension first.
Solution 2. Test Hardware
If you have done DFU mode multiple times and iPhone error 1671 persists, it may be caused by a faulty hardware. The error usually occurs with a damaged mainboard due to long screw. Long screw damage root is when you accidentally use the long screw to a wrong screw hole causing the long screw to damage the mainboard.
The error may also occur when the iPhone has undergone a shock strong enough to damage the solder joint of the IC. The solder joint is the thing that connects the IC to the mainboard. If this is the case, please bring your iPhone to the Apple service center especially if it still has a warranty. If the warranty is void, you may want to bring it to a mobile phone repair shop to lessen the labor and part cost.
NOTE: Please be advised that opening an iPhone might void its warranty from the dealer if you accidentally remove the warranty seal or damage a part.