The kenmore he2 plus error code f21 is a code that indicates that there is a problem with the washer's drain pump. This error code can happen for a variety of reasons, but the most common cause is a blockage in the drain pump. Other possible causes include a faulty drain pump, a clogged drain hose, or a problem with the washer's draining system. If the error code is displayed, it is important to troubleshoot the problem so that the washer can be used properly.
You are here because you have a question about:
- f21 error code kenmore washer
- kenmore he2 plus error code f21
1. Check for clogs in the washer drain
- Check the water level in the washer. If it is low, add more water.
- Open the washer door and check the drain hose for clogs. If there are clogs, use a plunger to dislodge them.
- Check the water flow from the washer drain using a water meter. If the flow is low, replace the washer drain hose.
- Check the washer pump for malfunctions. If the pump is not working, replace it.
2. Clean the washer drain pump filter
- Remove the drain pump cover by prying it off from the bottom.
- Remove the drain pump filter by unscrewing it.
- Wash the filter in a mild detergent and cool water.
- Reinstall the filter by screwing it onto the drain pump.
- Replace the drain pump cover by screwing it onto the filter and the bottom of the washer.
3. Replace the washer drain pump
- Turn off the water to the washer by turning the main water valve off.
- Remove the upper water tank by unscrewing the four (4) screws located on each side.
- Remove the washer drain pump by unscrewing the two (2) screws located at the rear of the pump.
- Carefully remove the pump from the washer.
- Inspect the pump for damages. If the pump is damaged, replace it with a new one.
- Reinstall the pump by screwing it in place and reattaching the two (2) screws at the rear.
- Replace the upper water tank by screwing it in place and reattaching the four (4) screws located on each side.
- Turn on the water to the washer and test the pump by running water through it.
4. Run a diagnostic test on the washer to identify the problem component
- Open the washer door and remove any clothing or articles of clothing that may be blocking the door from closing.
- Close the door to the washer and press the "Start" button.
- Within a few minutes, the washer will complete its cycle and display an error code on the display.
- To identify the problem component, use the diagnostic test steps below.
- If the problem is not resolved using the diagnostic test steps, then the problem may be with the washer motor or electrical components. In this case, it may be necessary to replace the washer motor or electrical components.