Kenmore dryer code F01 indicates that the dryer has failed to start. This error code typically happens when the dryer's door is not fully closed, the start button is not pressed, or the dryer's thermal fuse has blown.
Other common searches for this error include:
- f01 error code
- kenmore dryer code f01
1. Check the dryer's electrical cord to be sure it is plugged into a 240-volt outlet
- Inspect the electrical cord to be sure it is plugged into a 240-volt outlet.
- If the electrical cord is not plugged into a 240-volt outlet, unplug the electrical cord from the dryer and plug it into a 240-volt outlet.
- If the electrical cord is still not plugged into a 240-volt outlet, call a licensed electrician to check the outlet and the electrical cord.
2. Inspect the dryer's circuit breaker or fuse to be sure it has not tripped or blown
- Check the breaker or fuse to see if it is tripped or blown.
- If the breaker or fuse is not damaged, replace it with a new one.
3. Replace the dryer's thermal fuse
- Turn off the dryer power at the electrical outlet.
- Disconnect the dryer's power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Locate the thermal fuse on the front of the dryer.
- Remove the fuse by unscrewing it.
- Replace the fuse with a new one by screwing it into place.
- Reconnect the power cord to the dryer and turn on the dryer power.
4. Clean the dryer's lint screen
- Turn off the dryer and unplug it from the wall.
- Remove the lint screen by pulling it straight up.
- Clean the screen with a damp cloth.
- Reinstall the lint screen and screw it in place.
- Turn on the dryer and test the function.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Clean the dryer's venting system.
- Have a certified technician inspect and repair the dryer.