The maytag epic z dryer f01 error code indicates that the dryer has detected an abnormal condition with the electrical connection to the heating element. This error code can happen for a number of reasons, including loose wiring, a faulty heating element, or a problem with the dryer's control board. If the error code is displayed, the dryer will not operate and should be repaired by a qualified technician.
1. Check the wiring harness for the moisture sensor
- Disconnect the power to the dryer.
- Remove the front panel.
- Locate and remove the moisture sensor.
- Inspect the wiring harness for damage and proper connection.
- Reinstall the moisture sensor and the front panel.
- Reconnect the power to the dryer.
2. Clean the moisture sensor
- Remove the top cover of the dryer.
- Unplug the dryer.
- Remove the drum and the air filter.
- Clean the moisture sensor with a clean, dry cloth.
- Replace the air filter and drum.
- Reinstall the top cover.
- Plug in the dryer.
3. Replace the moisture sensor
- Remove the front panel of the dryer. There are two screws on each side that hold the panel in place.
- Remove the two screws at the top of the moisture sensor.
- Remove the moisture sensor.
- Clean the moisture sensor with a damp cloth and rubbing alcohol.
- Place the new moisture sensor in the same location as the old one.
- Replace the screws at the top of the moisture sensor.
- Reinstall the front panel of the dryer.
4. Check the wiring harness for the control board
- Locate the control board in the dryer. It is typically near the rear of the machine.
- Check the wiring harness for any damage or problems. If there are any issues, fix them.
- Reconnect the wiring harness to the control board and test the dryer. If the problem is still present, replace the control board.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Replace the control board.