The F01 code on a Maytag dryer indicates that there is a problem with the electrical connection to the drive motor. This can happen if the wiring is damaged or the connection is loose. It can also be caused by a problem with the drive motor itself.
Other common searches for this error include:
- maytag dryer error code f01
- f01 error code maytag dryer
- maytag dryer code f01
1. Check the electrical panel to see if there is a tripped circuit breaker or blown fuse
1.Locate the circuit breaker that is tripped or blown. 2. Inspect the breaker for damage. 3. If the breaker is damaged, replace the breaker. 4. If the breaker is not damaged, check the fuse for blown. 5. If the fuse is blown, replace the fuse.
2. Inspect the dryer cord and plug to see if they are damaged
- Inspect the cord for cuts, fraying, or other signs of damage.
- Inspect the plug for signs of damage, such as cracks or splits.
- If either the cord or plug is damaged, replace it with a new one.
3. Check for lint build-up in the dryer lint screen, lint trap, or exhaust duct
- Remove the lint screen and lint trap from the dryer.
- Look for lint build-up on the screen and trap.
- Clean the screen and trap with a lint-free cloth.
- Reinstall the screen and trap.
- Check for lint build-up again.
4. Clean the sensors in the dryer
- Check if the filters are clean. If so, replace them.
- Remove the lint filter.
- Check the heating element and if it is dirty, clean it.
- Check the vent hose for blockages and clean it if necessary.
- Check the exhaust pipe for blockages and clean it if necessary.
- Check the drum for dirt and dust and clean it if necessary.
- Check the heating elements for burnings and clean them if necessary.
- Reconnect the power cord and test the dryer.
5. Replace the dryer thermal fuse
- Turn off the power to the dryer.
- Open the front of the dryer.
- Check the thermal fuse. If it is blown, replace it with a new fuse.
- Close the front of the dryer.
- Turn on the power to the dryer.
- Check the thermal fuse. If it is good, the dryer should start up and the code should be cleared.
Still not working? maybe try:
- Replace the dryer timer.
- Replace the dryer heating element.