The Samsung dryer codes indicate that there is an error with the dryer. This error code can happen for a variety of reasons, such as a problem with the heating element, a problem with the sensors, or a problem with the control panel. If you see this error code, it is important to contact a Samsung authorized service provider to have the dryer repaired.
You are here because you have a question about:
- My Samsung dryer has an error
- Solution to Samsung dryer codes
- what does dc mean on a samsung washerHow to fix what does DC mean on a Samsung washer?The DC code on a Samsung washer indicates that the washer has detected an imbalance in the load
- samsung dryer de codeHow can I fix my Samsung dryer?The Samsung dryer de code is a error code that indicates that the dryer is not drying clothes correctly
- how to reset samsung dryerHow do I reset my Samsung dryer?If your Samsung dryer is displaying an error code, there are a few things you can try to reset it
- samsung dryer not heatingHow do you fix a Samsung dryer that is not heating?One possible reason for a Samsung dryer not heating is that the unit is not getting enough power
1. Restart your dryer and see if the code clears
- Close the dryer door.
- Disconnect the power cord from the outlet.
- Wait five minutes.
- Plug the power cord back into the outlet and turn on the dryer.
- If the code still appears, repeat the steps to reset your dryer.
2. Check to see if there is anything blocking the sensor
- Check to see if there is anything blocking the sensor on the front of the dryer. This could include something large, like a piece of clothing, or something smaller, like a piece of lint. If there is something blocking the sensor, you'll need to remove it.
- If there is something blocking the sensor, you'll need to unplug the dryer and take it to a repair shop. The sensor may need to be replaced.
3. Clean the sensor
- Unplug the dryer and remove the front panel.
- Locate and remove the sensor.
- Clean the sensor contacts with a cotton swab and solvent.
- Reinstall the sensor and front panel.
4. Replace the sensor
- Turn off the dryer and disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the top panel.
- Remove the front panel.
- Remove the sensor.
- Clean the sensor surface with a clean cloth.
- Apply a thin layer of adhesive to the back of the sensor and attach it to the front panel.
- Replace the front panel.
- Replace the top panel.
- Reconnect the power cord.
5. Check for loose wiring
- Turn off the dryer and unplug it from the electrical outlet.
- Check all of the wires for wear or damage.
- If any wires are damaged, replace them with new ones.
- Reconnect the wires to the dryer and plug it back in to the outlet.
- If the dryer still doesn't work, check the wiring connections in the wall.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Check the venting system for blockages
- Clean the lint screen
- Have a professional service the dryer