Liftmaster error code 1-5 occurs when the door opener is not receiving power. This can be caused by a number of things, such as a blown fuse, a tripped circuit breaker, or a loose wire.
Other common searches for this error include:
- liftmaster error code 15
- liftmaster error code 4-3
- error code 1-5 liftmaster
- liftmaster 8500w error code 1-5
- chamberlain error code 1-5
- chamberlain error code 15
- liftmaster error code 1-5
1. Check the electrical supply to the opener
- Verify that the breaker panel is properly configured and that the proper electrical supply is being provided to the opener.
- Check the fuse and circuit breaker panel for any open or blown fuses.
- Check the circuit breaker panel for any overloaded circuits.
- Check the electrical supply to the opener for any loose wires or damaged connectors.
- Check the door operation and sensors to ensure that they are working properly.
2. Check for loose, damaged or disconnected wires
- Locate the problem area by inspecting the wiring near the lift.
- Test the electrical continuity of each wire by touching each wire to another wire and noting whether the lights turn on or off.
- If any of the wires are loose, damaged or disconnected, replace the wire with a new one.
- Test the electrical continuity of the new wire by touching it to the other wires and noting whether the lights turn on or off.
- If the problem persists, consult a professional for further repairs.
3. Check for obstructions in the tracks
- Check for obstructions in the tracks using a camera or other tracking device.
- If the obstruction is found, remove it.
- If the obstruction is not found, continue to step 4.
- If the obstruction is not found after checking the tracks multiple times, then the liftmaster error code 1-5 is caused by a problem with the lift or the cable. In this case, the liftmaster must be replaced.
4. Check the force setting
- Go to the Home section of the LiftMaster account and select the Device Profile for the garage door you are trying to troubleshoot.
- Click on the Force Setting drop-down menu and select the setting you want to check.
- Click on the Check Force button to check the current force setting.
- If the force setting needs to be changed, click on the Change Force button to change the setting.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check for a jammed carriage.
- Check the door balance.