The "Excessive Opening Force Detected" error code on a LiftMaster garage door opener means that the opener's sensors are detecting too much force being exerted on the door. This could be due to a number of factors, such as a door that is out of alignment, a garage door opener that is not properly installed, or a door that is being forced open by an outside force (wind, etc.). If this error code is displayed, it is recommended that you check the door and opener for any issues and correct them before attempting to use the opener again.
People like you are also looking for:
- liftmaster error code 42
- liftmaster excessive opening force detected
1. Check the door opener for proper installation and adjustment
- Verify that the door opener is properly installed according to the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Adjust the door opener's arm if necessary in order to reduce the excessive opening force detected.
2. Check the door for proper installation and adjustment
- Check that the door is properly installed according to the instructions that came with it.
- Check to see if the door adjustment screws are tight. If they are not, loosen them and re-tighten them.
- If the door still opens excessively, it may be necessary to adjust the door actuator. Follow the instructions that came with the actuator to adjust it.
3. Lubricate the door opener chain or belt
- Open the liftgate and remove the chain or belt from the door.
- Inspect the chain or belt for wear, damage, or kinks.
- Lubricate the chain or belt using a lubricant of your choice.
- Replace the chain or belt on the door.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Adjust the door opener force setting