The LiftMaster Error Code 4-6 means that the door is obstructed and cannot move. This error code happens because the door sensors are not aligned properly or there is something blocking the door from closing.
People like you are also looking for:
- liftmaster garage door opener error code 4 5
- chamberlain garage door opener error code 4-6
- error code 4-6 sensor momentarily obstructed
- liftmaster garage door error code 4-6
- liftmaster 8500w error code 4-3
- chamberlain error code 4-6
- chamberlain error code 4-6 reset
- liftmaster error code 4-6
- sensor momentarily obstructed error code 4-6
1. Check for obstacles in the garage door opener's path
- Verify the belt is properly installed and tensioned on the drive and motor
- Check the alignment of the garage door opener and the wall or door
- Close the door to the garage and verified that the door is closed properly
- Verify that the power is on to the garage door opener
- Verify that the sensors are properly mounted
- Check for obstructions in the garage door opener's path
- Reset the garage door opener's programming if necessary
2. Check the sensors to make sure they are aligned and unobstructed
- Open the lift master controller and ensure all sensors are aligned.
- If the sensors are not aligned, the lift master controller may give an error code of 4-6-1.
- To fix the sensor alignment, you will need to use a flat head screwdriver to adjust the sensors.
3. Check the garage door opener's force setting to make sure it is properly adjusted
1.Open the garage door and ensure that the force setting on the garage door opener is properly adjusted 2.If the force setting is not properly adjusted, turn the force knob on the garage door opener to the appropriate force setting and then re-test the garage door to ensure that it opens and closes properly. 3.If the force setting is still not properly adjusted, contact a qualified technician to adjust the garage door opener's force setting.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- If the problem persists, reset the garage door opener by unplugging it from the power outlet for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- Contact LiftMaster customer service for further assistance.