The Noritz Error Code 14 is a common error code that is caused by a problem with the water heater. This error code indicates that the water heater is not able to reach the set temperature. This can be caused by a variety of factors, such as a low water pressure, a faulty thermostat, or a problem with the gas line. If you are experiencing this error code, it is important to contact a qualified technician to diagnose and repair the problem.
People like you are also looking for:
- noritz error code 14
- noritz error code 10
- noritz error code 66
1. Check the gas line for any leaks
- Turn off ALL appliances in the home.
- Shut off the gas at the meter.
- Clear any obstructions from the line with a pipe cleaner.
- Use a flashlight to inspect the line for any leaks.
- If you find a leak, use a plunger to suction onto the leak and slowly turn the gas back on.
- Wait 10 minutes for the gas to reach the house.
- Check the gas line for any further leaks.
- If you find any more leaks, turn off the gas at the meter and call a professional.
2. Check the igniter for any dirt or debris
- Turn the ignition key to the "OFF" position.
- Remove the spark plugs.
- Inspect the electrodes for any dirt or debris. If there is any, use a wire brush to clean it off.
- Replace the spark plugs and re-install the ignition key.
- Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position and wait for the engine to start. If the engine starts, the check was successful. If the engine does not start, the check was unsuccessful.
3. Check the burner assembly for any dirt or debris
- Turn off the gas to the burner assembly.
- Remove the burner assembly from the oven.
- Clean the burner assembly with a dry cloth.
- Inspect the burner assembly for any dirt or debris.
- If the burner assembly is dirty, clean it again with a dry cloth.
- Inspect the burner assembly for any signs of damage.
- If the burner assembly is damaged, replace it.
4. Clean or replace the gas filter
- Turn off the gas and shut off the main valve
- Remove the cover to the gas filter compartment
- Locate the gas filter and unscrew it
- Clean the gas filter by washing it with a mild soap and water
- Replace the gas filter if it is dirty or damaged
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Clean or replace the combustion chamber.
- Adjust the gas pressure.
- Adjust the air intake.
- Clean or replace the flue.
- Have a professional service the unit.