PS3 error code 80710b23
What is ‘PS3 error code 80710b23’?
PS3 error code 80710b23 is an error that may occur when the user cannot connect to the internet due to the network server timing out.
How can you fix ‘PS3 error code 80710b23’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Checking if PlayStation Network (PSN) is under maintenance
- Power cycling PS3 and the modem router
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Check if PlayStation Network (PSN) is under maintenance
If “PS3 error code 80710b23” occurs, please check PSN server if it is under maintenance or is overloaded by requests. Online games are included in this error. If this is the case, play offline games for a while and wait until the server is back online.
However, if the server is online the cause of the error may be different. Please see other solutions below.
Solution 2. Power cycle PS3 and modem router
Intermittent and slow internet connection could sometimes cause “PS3 error code 80710b23.” This could be due to the cache or your network device was desynchronized from the internet service provider. Power cycling the devices may fix the problem.
If you are on a school campus or any private network, your internet connection may be under a firewall. You may want to ask for assistance to the network administrator.
- Turn off both PS3 and the modem
- Unplug the PlayStation 3 and the modem for at least 30 seconds.
- Turn it on and see if PS3 error code 80710b23 is fixed
If the error still persists, try to check your network settings.
- If you are using a separate router, directly connect your PS3 to the modem to bypass router firewall.
- If PS3 uses WiFi, make sure PS3 receives a strong WiFi signal or use Ethernet cable.
- If PS3 uses Ethernet cable, make sure cable is in good condition or try to change LAN port.
- Call your Internet service provider is the issue persists.