What is 'PS3 error code 80028ed6'?
PS3 error code 80028ed6 is an error that may occur when there is a problem connecting to the patch server.
How can you fix 'PS3 error code 80028ed6'?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Power cycling the PS3 and the modem router
- Setting the IP address and the Domain Name System (DNS)
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Power Cycle Modem Router and PS3
"PS3 error code 80028ed6" may be caused by a cache issue or a connection issue. You may want to refresh the connection. Turn off both devices and unplug it for at least three minutes. This process will power cycle your modem router, which deletes the cache and creates a new connection to your internet service provider. It will also renew the connection of your PS3 to your modem router.
2. Set internet protocol (IP) address and domain name system (DNS)
“PS3 error code 80028ed6” may also be due to the network configuration if it is set to automatic. Try setting it to manual to fix the problem.
- From PlayStation 3 Settings, access Connection Status List.
- Take a picture of the Network Details.
- Then access Internet Connection Setting.
- Depending on what you are using select from Wired or Wireless.
- Then access Custom.
- For the IP address settings choose Manual.
- Input the copy or picture of the Connection Status List.
- Changes the DNS address using the details below.
Primary DNS: 126.96.36.199
Secondary DNS: 188.8.131.52
- MTU set to Automatic.
- Proxy server select Do Not Use.
- UPnP set to Enable.
- Check if the instructions fixed “PS3 error code 80028ed6”