PS3 update error code 8002f1f9
What is PS3 update error code 8002f1f9?
PS3 update error code 8002f1f9 is an error that usually occurs during a firmware update procedure and causes the update to get stuck.
How can you fix PS3 update error code 8002f1f9?
Some of the solutions to this error include
- Testing the hard disk drive (HDD)
- Taking your PS3 to a service center
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Test your Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
“PS3 update error code 8002f1f9”, may be caused by a defective hard disk drive. To test your PS3, you need a desktop to connect to and run a hard disk software test. If you find that the HDD is indeed defective after the test, consider buying a new one if your PS3 is out of warranty.
NOTE: You may want to ask for technical assistance when applying this solution.
- First, remove your Hard disk drive from the PS3.
- Connect your Hard disk drive to the desktop.
- Download and install a software that tests hard disk drive for any defect.
You may want to check Sentinel HDD or HD Tune. https://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk_sentinel_trial.php
- Test your hard disk drive for a bad sector and health performance.
- If found defective, please replace it.
- When you have installed the new HDD, flash it using Safe mode.
Solution 2. Take your PS3 to a service center
“PS3 update error code 8002f1f9” may also be caused by a defective WiFi/ Bluetooth module, which will make you unable to use wireless controller mode or connect to WiFi. The error may also be caused by a defective NOR chip, where flashing or updating may get stuck.
Unlike the HDD, these parts are soldered to the mainboard, which requires tools to repair. You may want to send your PS3 to an authorized service center for repairs.