Windows Update error code 80243004
What is ‘Windows Update error code 80243004’?
Windows Update error code 80243004 is an error that may occur when the user performs some system changes using corrupted Windows Update files.
How can you fix ‘Windows Update error code 80243004’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Resetting the Windows Update download and scanning the PC
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Reset Windows Update Download and scan PC
Windows Update error code 80243004 could be caused by installing Windows update using corrupt downloaded files. You may want to redo the download and scan your PC to check if a corrupt update was installed.
See link here for a YouTube video tutorial
- Option 1: Press Windows key + S key, then type services and then press Enter key.
Option 2: Press Windows key + R key, then type services.msc and then press Enter key.
- Look for Windows Update, right-click it and then select Stop. (Please don’t close the Services windows yet.)
- Then go to C:\Windows folder.
- Look for SoftwareDistribution folder, then right-click it and select Delete.
- Then, go back to the Services windows, right-click Windows Update and select Start.
Run DISM command and sfc /scannow command
To restore missing file and corrupt registry run DISM and SFC command. Watch it here on Youtube or see instructions below.
- Option 1: Click Windows Start, type in CMD then right-click Command prompt and then select Run as Admin.
Option 2: Right-click Windows Strat and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type in or copy and paste this command sfc /scannow to the Command Prompt.
- Wait until the process is complete.
- Type in or copy and paste this command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth to the Command Prompt.
- Wait until the process is complete, and then Run Windows update.
Solution 2. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
If Windows Update error code 80243004 still appears, an application might help you fix the error. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter might fix the problem. See instruction below on how to use it. Also, here a Youtube guide for Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Go here to download the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Run the .diagcab file.
- Click Advanced and then click Run as administrator.
- Click Next. The process would take some time.
- Click Apply this fix. The process would take some time.
- Click Close the troubleshooter.
- Restart your PC.