Relion thermometers are calibrated using a mercury or alcohol liquid-in-glass thermometer. The liquid is heated until it reaches a particular temperature, and the temperature is then read using a mercury or alcohol thermometer. The problem with this method is that it is subject to error. This error can be due to a number of factors, including the temperature of the liquid, the quality of the thermometer, and the accuracy of the calibration.
1. Replace the thermometer
- First, remove the battery cover and batteries from the thermometer.
- Next, remove the screw from the back of the thermometer.
- Then, remove the lens cover and old thermometer from the front of the device.
- To install the new thermometer, simply place it in the front of the device and screw it in place.
- Finally, replace the battery cover and batteries.
2. Clean the thermometer
- Remove the battery cover and batteries from the thermometer.
- Disinfect the thermometer with rubbing alcohol or a similar disinfectant.
- Rinse the thermometer with clean water.
- Dry the thermometer with a clean, soft cloth.
- Replace the batteries and battery cover.
- Test the thermometer to make sure it is working properly.
3. Check the calibration of the thermometer
There are a few things that you can do in order to check the calibration of your thermometer:
- Check the manufacturer's instructions. Many thermometers will come with specific instructions on how to calibrate them.
- Use a known reference point. One way to check the calibration of your thermometer is to use a known reference point, such as boiling water or ice water.
- Use a calibration tool. There are special calibration tools that you can purchase that will help you check the accuracy of your thermometer.
- Take the thermometer to a professional. If you are still unsure about the accuracy of your thermometer, you can take it to a professional to have it checked.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Check the accuracy of the thermometer.
- Replace the housing of the thermometer.
- Replace the probe of the thermometer.
- Repair the thermometer.