The ssl_error_bad_cert_alert error code happens when a website's SSL certificate is not trusted by the web browser. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but usually it is because the certificate is self-signed or has been issued by an untrusted root certificate authority. When this error occurs, the web browser will usually display a warning message to the user.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- error code ssl_error_bad_cert_alert
1. Check the date and time on your computer
- Open the Windows Start Menu and type "cmd".
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type the following command and press Enter: time /T
- Your computer will display the current time and date.
- To fix the date and time, type the following command and press Enter: date /T
- Your computer will now display the correct date and time.
2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies
To clear your browser's cache and cookies, follow these steps:
- Open your browser and navigate to the website you were experiencing the issue with.
- Right-click on the webpage and select "Properties."
- On the "Security" tab, under "General," click on the "Clear browsing data" button.
- Under "Cookies," select the "Delete" button.
- Under "History," select the "Clear history" button.
3. Temporarily turn off your antivirus and firewall software
- Open your antivirus or firewall software.
- Click on the “settings” tab.
- Under “VPN and Security”, uncheck “Enable VPN and Security”.
- Click on “Apply”.
- Click on “OK”.
4. Try loading the website in a different browser
The steps to try loading the website in a different browser in order to fix the ssl_error_bad_cert_alert are as follows:
- Open a new browser window and navigate to the website.
- Click on the “Load” button to load the website.
- If the ssl_error_bad_cert_alert message still appears, try loading the website in a different browser. For example, if the browser you are using is Firefox, try loading the website in Chrome. If the website still does not work, try reloading the website.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Contact the website owner to report the problem.
- If you're still having problems, you can try resetting your browser's settings.