State of Decay 2 is an error code that occurs when the game is unable to connect to the Microsoft Store. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including when the Store is down or when there is a problem with your internet connection.
1. Check for updates to the game and to your operating system
- Open the "Windows Update" app.
- If an update is available, it will be listed on the left side of the window.
- Click on the update to be taken to the "Windows Update" page for that specific update.
- If you are prompted to install the update, click on "Install."
- After the update is installed, click on "OK" to close the "Windows Update" app.
- If you are prompted to restart your computer, please do so.
- Once your computer has restarted, launch the game again.
- If the game still does not work, please follow the instructions below.
- Open "Regedit."
- Go to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\bethesda Softworks\State of Decay 2
- In the "State of Decay 2" key, create a new DWORD value called "API_VERSION" and set the value to "1.02".
- Close Regedit.
2. Restart your computer and try launching the game again
- Restart your computer.
- Open the game and try to launch it.
- If the game launches and you are able to play it, then the problem is likely with your computer and not the game. If the game does not launch or if you get an error code, then the problem is with the game.
- If the game does not launch or if you get an error code, then follow the instructions below to fix the problem.
- If the game does not launch or if you get an error code, then try reinstalling the game.
3. Try running the game in compatibility mode
- Go to the game's main menu and select "Settings."
- On the "Settings" screen, select "Compatibility."
- On the "Compatibility" screen, select "Run in compatibility mode."
- On the "Run in compatibility mode" screen, select "Windows 7 (32-bit)."
- Click "OK."
- When the game starts in compatibility mode, it will show a message saying "The game will now start in compatibility mode."
- The game will now run in compatibility mode and will fix any state of decay 2 error code 10 that may be occurring.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Verify the integrity of your game files.
- Reset your game settings.
- Reinstall the game.