the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped
“Unfortunately, the process com,google.process.gapps has stopped.” is an error that usually occurs when there are issues with the Google Apps on your mobile device. “Gapps” refers to Google Apps. The error may occur due to the Download Manager being Disabled.
Previous generations of devices like Samsung Galaxy S6 and HTC One M8 are prone to the error but it may occur on any other device.
The error may also manifest as “.com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly.”
Solution 2. Delete Application Data
If the “Unfortunately, the process com,google.process.gapps has stopped” still exists on a particular application, the application data might have a problem. Try to clear the data of that application may fix the problem. To do this, see steps below.
Solution 3. Clear Google Play Store and other services caches
“Unfortunately, the process com,google.process.gapps has stopped.” may also occur if there is an issue with Google play store and other services. These services are Google Play Services, Download Manager, and Google Framework. Deleting the cache and data may fix the error, please steps below.
- Turn off the WiFi.
- Go to settings.
- Navigate to Application and tap it.
- Navigate to Google play store and tap it.
- Tap Disable/Force to stop.
- Tap clear cache and tap Delete to confirm.
- Navigate to Storage and press clear cache.
- Then, press Manage storage, then press Clear All data, and then press OK to confirm.
- Then repeat the process for the Google Play Services, Download Manager, and Google Framework.
- Restart the device.
- Turn on WiFi.
- Run Google Play Store and accept the terms.
- Then, download the apps you want to install.
Solution 4. Restore device to factory settings
If all the solutions have failed to fix the “Unfortunately, the process com,google.process.gapps has stopped.”, reset the device to factory settings. It may fix the problem.