Tivimate error code 404 occurs when the user is trying to access a page that does not exist. This can happen for several reasons, such as the page being deleted or the user mistyping the URL.
1. Check the internet connection
- In order to check the internet connection, open a web browser and enter the IP address of the device that is experiencing the tivimate error code 404.
- If the device is connected to the internet, the web browser should display a webpage that provides information about the connection status.
- If the device is not connected to the internet, the web browser will display a message that indicates the reason for the connection failure. In some cases, the device may be connected to the internet, but unable to access certain websites or services. In this case, the user may need to troubleshoot the internet connection issue.
2. Check the URL
- Open your web browser and type the URL of the website you were trying to access.
- If the website loads normally, there is likely a problem with the URL. Please try the URL again.
- If the URL still does not work, please contact the website's administrator for further assistance.
3. Check the DNS server
- Open a command prompt and type "dnscmd.exe"
- In the command prompt, type "ipconfig /all"
- If the DNS server is up and running, you will see an IP address and a Netmask next to it.
- Next, type "dnscmd.exe" and give it the IP address and Netmask from step 3.
- Type "dnsquery -A -W -x Dixon.com Dixon.com"
- If the DNS server can answer the query, you will see a response similar to this: Record: Name: Dixon.com Address: 220.127.116.11 Netmask: 255.255.255.0
- If the DNS server cannot answer the query, you will see an error message similar to this: Error: The DNS server could not find the requested resource.
- To fix the DNS server, you will need to either update the DNS server software or restart the server.
4. Check the router
- From the router’s web-based interface, access the Status or Administration pages.
- On the Status or Administration pages, under the System Status heading, look for the error code 404.
- If the error code 404 is present, look for the associated description of the error.
- If the error code 404 is not present, but you are still experiencing tivimate errors, you may need to reset the router. See the “Resetting the Router” section below for more information.
- If the error code 404 is not present, but you are still experiencing tivimate errors, you may need to contact your ISP. See the “Contacting Your ISP” section below for more information.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Check the firewall