What is Werfault exe application error?
Werfault exe application error is an error that usually occurs due to misuse of a file or when there is a malicious attack on the system, causing the application unable to transmit any data.
How can you fix Werfault exe application error?
Some of the solutions to this error include disabling the Windows Error Reporting Service and running an anti-virus.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Disable Windows Error Reporting Service
"Werfault.exe application error" may be caused by a failed Windows Error Reporting Service. Windows Error Reporting Service is a part of Windows services that report the error you have encountered to Microsoft. This can be disabled, please see below.
- Click Windows button, and type in Services.
- Click Services.
- In the Services Windows, look for Windows Error Reporting Service.
- Right-click Windows Error Reporting Service, and select Properties.
- In the Startup type, select Disable, then click Apply and OK.
- Restart your PC.
2. Run Anti-virus
"Werfault.exe application error" may also be related to a malware contamination on your Windows. A full scan of your computer using an antivirus might help. Check this link here which antivirus may help solve "Werfault.exe application error."
Update and run Windows Defender.
Do a full scan.
Restart and see if "Werfault.exe application error" is solved.