Wii error code 51030
What is ‘Wii error code 51030’?
Wii error code 51030 is an error that usually occurs when you are unable to connect the Wii console online. It could mean that the only wireless network within the range of your console is not configured or is not compatible with Wii. Error codes 51031 and 51032 pertain to the same error.
The error message may appear as, “Cannot find access point.”
How can you fix ‘Wii error code 51030’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Checking the wifi signal
- Checking the Wii wireless compatibility
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 2. Check the Wii wireless compatibility
“Wii error code 51030” may also mean that your access point is not compatible with your Wii. Check the information below to check what wireless settings your Wii could detect. Then, access your modem or router to change the wireless settings. To access your modem or router, go to your computer and see the guide below or watch it here on YouTube.
Wii wireless compatibility
- Wireless Frequency: 2.4 GHz Frequency
- Wireless Modes: 802.11b, 802.11g
- Wireless Security Modes: WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)
Wii U wireless compatibility
- Wireless Frequency: 2.4GHz Frequency
- Wireless Modes: 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n
- Wireless Security Modes: WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP)
Access Modem or Router
- Click Windows Start, type CMD in the search bar and press Enter key.
- Once you are in Command Prompt, type in ipconfig and hit Enter key.
- Look for Default Gateway, copy the IP address.
- Open a web browser (MS edge, Chrome or Firefox), type the IP address of the Default Gateway to the browser address bar and press Enter key. You should access the modem router Web interface.
- In the modem router Web interface, enter the username and password.
NOTE: Check your modem router default username and password in the manual or Google search the model of the modem router, if it was not changed.
- Go to Wireless Settings.
- Look for Wireless Frequency, Wireless Modes, and Wireless Security Modes.
- Change it, base on the information above.
- Also, if your WiFi signal does not broadcast its SSID (Wireless network name), make sure you input the SSID to the Wii correctly or, set your modem router SSID to enable broadcast.