Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e9
What is Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e9?
Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e9 is an error that usually occurs when a USB device is defective. It also appears if the primary hard drive malfunctions.
How can you fix Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e9?
Some of the solutions to this error include disconnecting the USB device and testing the hard disk drive.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Disconnect USB device
Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e9 may be caused by a faulty USB device. Please see below how to determine the USB device causing a problem.
- Shutdown your computer
- While in off state, disconnect all USB devices except for the keyboard.
- Turn on the computer.
- If the problem still arises replace the keyboard, it could be the cause. If not, proceed.
- Plug in the USB device one by one until you encounter the problem.
- If one USB device triggers the problem, it might be defective or it has a faulty driver.
- For the faulty driver, remove the USB device, uninstall the driver and then restart the computer. Connect the USB device, turn on the computer, download and install the latest driver.
- For the defective USB device, claim warranty if applicable. If not, replace the defective component.
Solution 2. Test Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e9 could be caused by a defective hard disk drive. Test it to verify.
Note: Before doing the steps below, please reconnect the HDD cable, including the SATA cable connected to the motherboard. Turn on the computer, if the error still arises use check disk. Follow the instruction below on how to.
If Windows desktop is inaccessible connect and tests the suspected hard disk drive to another PC.Last Updated on