What is Windows error 2?
Windows error 2 is an error that usually occurs when you are attempting to install a language pack on your system. There are two circumstances when you can receive this error: the error could appear after you cancel a language pack update or if the update goes wrong.
How can you fix Windows error 2?
Some of the solutions to this error include:
- Reinstalling the language pack
- Installing iTunes on 64bit Windows
- Deleting corrupted registry
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Reinstall language pack
"Windows error 2" in Windows Update may be due to multiple Windows language packs installed. You may pick one and uncheck the languages you do not want to use.
- Restart the computer.
- Go to Windows update. Click Start, type in "Windows Update" and hit enter.
- Click “Check for Updates.”
- Click “optional updates are available.”
- Drag down and look for Windows language pack. Pick only the needed language you want to install.
- Click "Ok", then click "install updates." A window of Windows update will appear.
- Click "I accept the license terms" and click "Finish."
2. Install iTunes on 64 bit Windows
"Windows error 2" may also be due to the incompatibility of the iTunes software used. To correct it, check your Windows version by typing System information in the Windows Start and then press Enter key. In the System Information window, check System Type if it is X64 or x86. Now check the instructions below to install iTunes.
- Download and Install WinRar X64 for 64bit Windows. Please see download link here.
- Download iTunes64. Please see download link here.
- Right-click the iTunes64Setup.exe.
- Click extract to iTunes64Setup.
- Open the iTunes64Setup folder and install the application in order. Please Refer to the image above.
- Restart the computer if done.
Delete corrupted registry"Windows error 2" may also be due to a corrupted registry. To fix it, uninstall the software where you encountered the error and run a third-party software, such as CCleaner, which deletes the cache, register, and DLL of the uninstalled software.
- Please see download link here.
- Please see image below for the instruction on how to use CCleaner.
- Next, restart your computer.
- Reinstall software or update your Windows.