Windows update error 80070663 office 2013 is a relatively common error code that occurs when there is a problem with the Windows Update service. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including an incorrect registry key, a corrupted update file, or a problem with the Windows Update service itself. In most cases, this error can be fixed by simply restarting the Windows Update service. However, if the problem persists, it may be necessary to repair or reinstall the Windows Update service.
People like you are also looking for:
- windows update error code 80070663
- windows update error 80070663 office 2013
1. Check for updates again
- Check for updates by going to the Windows Update icon on the Start Menu
- If there are any updates available, you will be prompted to install them
- If there are no updates available, then the issue may be that your computer is out of date and needs to be updated
- If there are updates available, you will be able to choose which ones to install
- If you have automatic updates enabled, they will be installed and the process will finish
- If you have automatic updates disabled, you will need to follow the steps below to enable them
2. Try installing the updates again
- Click "Start" and then "All Programs".
- Click "Microsoft Office 2013".
- Click on "Windows Update".
- Click on "Check for updates".
- If there are any updates available, click on "Install updates".
- If there are any updates that need to be installed, the installation process will start.
- When the installation process is finished, click on "Finish".
- Restart your computer.
3. Restart your computer and try installing the updates again
1.Open the Start menu and click on “Computer”. 2. In the “Computer” window, click on “Restart”. 3. On the “Restart” menu, click on “Restart now”. 4. After your computer restarts, click on “Install updates”. 5. Windows will search for updates and will prompt you to install them. 6. After the updates are installed, click on “OK”. 7. If the “Windows Update” window is still open, click on “OK” again. 8. Finally, click on “Close”.
4. Try installing the updates in Safe Mode
- Boot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click Start, type "msconfig" in the Start Search box, and press Enter.
- In the System Configuration window, click the Advanced tab.
- In the Advanced System Settings section, click the Windows Update button.
- In the Windows Update window, click the Check for Updates button.
- If the Updates are Available dialog box appears, click the Install Updates button.
- The Windows Update window will show the list of available updates.
- Click the Install Updates button to install the updates.
- After the updates are installed, restart your computer.
- If the updates installed successfully, the computer will restart automatically.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Uninstall and reinstall Office 2013.
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Reset the Windows Update Components.
- Contact Microsoft Support.