Windows update error 80248015 is a common error code that can occur when trying to update Windows. There are a few reasons why this error might occur, including:
-The update server is unavailable
-The update files are corrupt
-There is a problem with the Windows Update service
-The computer is not connected to the Internet
-The firewall is blocking the update
-The antivirus software is blocking the update
-There is a problem with the Windows Update registry key
If you are seeing this error, it is recommended that you try a few different things to fix it. First, try restarting your computer and then try updating again. If that doesn't work, try temporarily disabling your firewall and antivirus software and then try updating again. If that doesn't work, you can try resetting the Windows Update service. Finally, if none of those solutions work, you can try manually downloading and installing the updates.
You are here because you have a question about:
- error code 80248015
- windows update error 80248015
1. Restart your computer and try again
If you are having an issue with Windows Update, you can try to restart your computer to fix the problem. To restart your computer, follow these steps:
- Press the power button to turn on your computer.
- When the computer starts up, press the F8 key to open the boot menu.
- Select the option to start up from the hard drive.
- Select the option to restart your computer.
- After your computer restarts, select the option to try again to install Windows Update.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check your internet connection and make sure it is working properly.
- Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software you have running and try again.
- Try resetting the Windows Update service:
- Open the Command Prompt as Administrator
- Type the following commands, pressing Enter after each one:
- net stop wuauserv
- net start wuauserv
- Try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter and see if it can identify and fix the problem.
- Manually install any outstanding updates.
- Contact Microsoft support for further assistance.