Xbox 360 error code 4142
Solution 1. Remove all accessories
“Xbox 360 error code 4142” usually occurs when there is a problem with hardware and accessories. Try to reconnect all hardware and accessories that you could remove.
- Take out the game disc.
- Disconnect the adapter from both power source and console.
- Take out the hard disk drive.
- Disconnect all accessories attached to the console.
- Reconnect the adaptor and the hard disk drive and then turn it on.
- If the error did not appear. It is possible that an accessory is causing the error.
If the error occurs, send the console for repair. This error is covered by 3-year repair warranty.