Xbox 360 error code 23ef
Solution 1. Do a System rollback
“Xbox 360 error code 23ef (23ef-xxxx–xxxx–xxxx–xxx–xxx)” usually occurs when a system update failed. Due to the fail update, Xbox 360 detects a hardware is not working properly or a missing code in the firmware is missing. Rollback the firmware might fix the Xbox 360. A procedure below is given.
NOTE: Xbox 360 requires a 256 MB of free space, Xbox live core server is online and a stable internet connection.
Solution 2. Clear the System Cache
“Xbox 360 error code 23ef (23ef-xxxx–xxxx–xxxx–xxx–xxx)” could also be due to a cache issue that could be messing with the firmware download and update. Eliminate the data cache in the Xbox 360 might fix the system failed update. An instruction below is provided for you.
- Click the Guide button on the controller.
- Navigate to Settings ==> System Settings.
- Select any of Memory and Storage.
- Highlight any of the storage, and press Y button on the controller.
- Clear System Cache and choose Yes to confirm.
- Power off the Xbox 360 and then unplug it from the power source least three minutes.
- Do the system rollback of solution 1.