Xbox 360 error code e68
What is ‘Xbox 360 error code e68’?
“Xbox 360 error code e68” is an error that may occur when there is a hardware problem with the user’s Xbox 360.
How can you fix ‘Xbox 360 error code e68’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Removing or reconnecting all hardware
- Testing the hard disk drive (HDD)
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Remove or reconnect all hardware
“Xbox 360 error code e68” could be caused by a hardware add-on. This includes the USB storage device and external hard drive. See if it boots normally.
- Turn off your Xbox 360.
- Remove your Xbox 360 internal hard disk drive.
- Clean the port of the hard drive casing and the Xbox 360.
- Attached the internal hard disk drive back.
- Turn on your Xbox 360.
See if it works. If the error persists, your hard disk drive could be the problem see solution below.Last Updated on
Solution 2. Test hard disk drive (HDD)
“Xbox 360 error code e68” may also mean that your Xbox 360 HDD is starting to fail. Try to test your HDD for a functional defect by connecting it to a computer. See the steps below.
- Remove the HDD from Xbox 360.
- Connect the HDD to a working PC.
- Download and install a software HDtune to the PC.
Here is the download link.
- Run the tool, and test your HDD.
Check this YouTube video link on how to use HDtune.
- Wait until the test is finished.
If any functional defect is found such as bad sector and health problem, replace your HDD or send it back to Microsoft for a warranty claim or repair.Last Updated on