Xbox 360 slim error code e79 is an error that may occur when your Xbox 360 has either a corrupted file system or a hard drive problem.
1. Isolate all peripherals
"Xbox 360 slim error code e79" possibly due to your storage device or add-ons connected to the Xbox 360 slim. Remove all add-ons that are connected to your Xbox 360 slim except the power cable and then restart the console. If the problem disappears, one of the addons is defective.
2. Clear Failed System Update
If you recently update the console, the "Xbox 360 slim error code e79" could be a result of a failed system update. To fix this error, clear the failed system update, see instruction below.
- Turn off Xbox 360 slim.
- Then press and hold the Sync button (the button to sync the controller) and the Power button.
- Release the buttons when it booted up completely.
- It should clear the damage update.
- Re-update the Xbox 360 slim.
3. Do a System rollback
If you recently update the console, the “Xbox 360 slim error code e79” could be a result of a failed system update. You could also try to system rollback your console.
NOTE: Xbox 360 requires a 256 MB of free space, Xbox live core server is online and a stable internet connection.
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to **Settings ==>**System ==> Storage.
- Then in order press: LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.
- Yes, to proceed the rollback.
- Xbox 360 Slim should restart and do an update.
4. Warranty or Repair
It is also possible that a NAND chip is broken in your console causing “Xbox 360 slim error code e79.” Send your console to Xbox service center for a warranty claim or repair.