Youtube tv error code 3 is an error that can occur when trying to watch a video on Youtube. This error code indicates that there is a problem with the video itself, and not with your internet connection. This error can happen for a number of reasons, but usually it is because the video is no longer available, or it has been removed by the user.
1. Check your internet connection
- Open the YouTube app on your device.
- If you're on a desktop, click the YouTube logo in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- If you're on a mobile device, tap the three lines in the top left corner of the YouTube app.
- If you're on a TV, open the YouTube app and select the menu in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select "Settings."
- Under "General," select "Network."
- If you have an internet connection, you'll see a green checkmark. If you don't have an internet connection, you'll see a red X.
- If you have an internet connection and you're still getting the error code, try these steps: a. Restart your device. b. Try another device. c. Try a different internet connection. d. Try clearing your cache and cookies.
2. Restart your device
Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds to restart your device. If the problem is still present, try the following:
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- Reset your device's network settings.
- Try a different network connection.
- Reset your device's settings.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the YouTube app.
- Try a different internet connection.
3. Check for updates
- Open YouTube and sign in.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click on the three lines in the top-left corner of the screen.
- On the 'Channels' tab, select 'My Channels'.
- Select the 'Updates' button in the top right-hand corner of the My Channels screen.
- On the 'Updates' screen, select 'Check for updates now'.
- If there are any updates available, they will be downloaded and installed. If there are no updates available, the screen will return to the My Channels screen.
4. Clear your cache and cookies
- Open youtube TV and sign in.
- Under the "Settings" menu, click "Clear Cache."
- Under the "Settings" menu, click "Clear Cookies."
- If you're still having problems, try restarting your device.
5. Reset your settings
- On your YouTube TV box, sign in to your account.
- Go to Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Reset System.
- Confirm your choice.
- Your settings will be reset and you'll be able to enjoy your YouTube TV experience again.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Contact customer support