There are a few common network sharing error codes:
-4: The requested name is valid, but the data is not available.
-6: The requested name is valid, but the data is not available.
-7: The requested name is valid, but the data is not available.
-9: The requested name is valid, but the data is not available.
These error codes typically happen when there is a problem with the network connection, the server is unavailable, or the requested data is not available.
- Network SharingWindows error code 53Windows error 53 is an error that usually occurs when trying to connect to a network resource, like a shared file directory, that cannot be located by Windows. As a result, Windows may be unable to connect to the networked device. It may be due to a network configuration error.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- "Network path was not found"
- -Check the spelling of the network path.
- -Make sure that the network resource is available and that you have permission to access it.
- -Try to map the network drive using the IP address of the network resource.
- -Check the security settings for the network resource.
- -Make sure that the File and Printer Sharing firewall exception is enabled.