0x8000ffff is a Windows error code that indicates a catastrophic failure has occurred. This error code is often caused by a hardware or software issue.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- windows store error code 0x8000ffff
- error code 0x8000ffff windows 10 store
1. Restart your computer
- Shut down your computer.
- Remove the battery and power cord from your computer.
- Wait at least five minutes.
- Reconnect the battery and power cord to your computer.
- Press and hold down the power button for at least fifteen seconds.
- When the computer starts up, release the power button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the 0x8000ffff error.
2. Check for updates to Windows and install any that are available
- Open the Start Menu and type “Windows Update”.
- Click on the Windows Update icon that appears in the search results.
- In the Windows Update window, click on the “Check for updates” button.
- If any updates are available, they will be displayed in the “Updates” section.
- Click on the “Install updates” button.
- If the updates require a restart, click on the “Restart now” button.
- After the updates have been installed, click on the “Close” button.
3. Run the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted files
- Open the System File Checker tool by selecting "cmd" and pressing Enter.
- At the command prompt, type "sfc /scannow" and press Enter.
- If the System File Checker detects any corrupt files, it will list them and provide instructions on how to repair them.
- If the System File Checker cannot repair any corrupt files, it will provide an error message and suggest trying to repair the files using your operating system's native repair tools.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Perform a clean boot of your computer.
- Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.
- Scan your computer for malware.
- Install the latest driver for your video card.
- Reset the Windows Store cache.
- Re-register the Windows Store app.
- Run the DISM tool.