The "call of duty vanguard error code 0x887a0005" is a common error that occurs when trying to launch the game. This can be caused by a number of things, but is most likely due to either an outdated or corrupt game installation, or a problem with your computer's graphics settings.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- cod vanguard error code 0x887a0005
- call of duty vanguard error code 0x887a0005
1. Restart your console
- Go to the "settings" tab on your console
- Select "system"
- Select "reset console"
- Enter your console's "password" (if you have one)
- Confirm your choice by pressing "yes"
- Your console will restart and the error code should be fixed
2. Delete the game and reinstall it
NOTE: Be sure to backup your game files before proceeding.
- Go to your Call of Duty: Vanguard folder on your hard drive.
- Delete the "GameData" folder.
- Delete the "Config" folder.
- Delete the "Saved Games" folder.
- Delete the "Users" folder.
- Reinstall Call of Duty: Vanguard.
3. Check for updates for your console
- Go to the Settings option on your console.
- Select System and then select Check for Updates.
- If there are any available updates, you will be prompted to install them.
- If there are no available updates, you will be returned to the System screen.
4. Check for updates for the game
- Launch the game and verify that it is up to date.
- If the game is not up to date, go to the Call of Duty: Vanguard website and download the latest patch.
- Launch the game and verify that the patch is installed.
- If the patch is not installed, go to the Call of Duty: Vanguard website and download the latest update.
- Launch the game and verify that the update is installed.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Try playing the game offline.
- Contact Activision for support.