When a user tries to connect to a Disney website or app and gets an error code 1017, it means that their internet connection is not compatible with Disney content. The most common cause of this problem is if the user's internet service is using a bandwidth-intensive protocol, like BitTorrent. If the user is using a low bandwidth connection, Disney may not be able to load properly.
1. Check your computer's hardware and software for updates
In order to check for updates for your computer's hardware and software, you will need to access the "Control Panel" on your computer. Once you are in the Control Panel, you will need to select the "System and Security" option. After you have selected the "System and Security" option, you will need to select the "Windows Update" option. Once you are in the Windows Update section, you will need to select the "Check for Updates" option. This will allow your computer to search for any available updates for your hardware or software. If any updates are found, you will need to install them. Once the updates are installed, you should be able to access Disney + without any issues.
2. Reset your computer's settings
- Open the Start menu and click on the "Control Panel" option.
- In the Control Panel, click on the "System and Security" option.
- In the System and Security window, click on the "Reset this PC" option.
- In the Reset this PC window, click on the "Get Started" button.
- In the next window, click on the "Keep my files" option.
- In the next window, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the reset process.
3. Clear your computer's browser cache and cookies
There are a few steps to take in order to clear your computer's browser cache and cookies. The first step is to open your browser and go to the settings. Once you are in the settings, look for the option to clear your cache and cookies. Once you have found this option, click on it and confirm that you want to clear your cache and cookies. This should fix the Disney + error code 1017.
Some users might also have success with:
- Verify that your broadband or wireless connection is working properly.
- Make sure that you are using the most up-to-date version of the disney + app.
- Try logging out and then back in to your account.
- Try contacting Disney customer service.