Error code 18 on Spotify usually happens when there is a problem with the user's internet connection. This can be caused by a variety of things, ranging from a bad router to a problem with the user's ISP. Sometimes, simply restarting the router can fix the issue. If the problem persists, it is recommended that the user contact their ISP.
You are here because you have a question about:
- spotify installer error code 18
- error code 18 spotify
1. Check your internet connection and try again
- Open your internet browser and type "www.spotify.com" into the address bar.
- If you are Unable to connect to the site, then your internet connection may be too slow or unstable. Try the following tips to improve your connection:
- Try connecting to the website from a different device or computer.
- Clear your browser's cache and history.
- Try connecting to the website from a different internet service provider.
- Try using a different browser.
- Try restarting your computer.
- Try using a different browser plug-in.
- Try using a different browser language.
- Try using a different internet connection.
2. Restart your computer
- Shut down your computer.
- Unplug all external devices, including your keyboard, mouse, and monitor.
- Hold down the power button for 20 seconds to turn off your computer.
- Disconnect all cables from your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- When you start your computer, press the F8 key to access the boot menu.
- Select your language and press the Enter key.
- Select your operating system, which is usually Windows or Mac, and press the Enter key.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking and press the Enter key.
- Click the Start button and type “reboot” into the search box.
- Click the reboot button to restart your computer.
3. Reinstall Spotify
- Launch Spotify and sign in
- Click on the three lines in the top left corner of the app window
- Select "Settings"
- Under "General," click on the "Account" tab
- Click on the "Reinstall" button
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Spotify
4. Clear your DNS cache
- Open your web browser and navigate to chrome://settings/ 2. On the 'General' tab, scroll down to the 'Network' section and click the 'Clear DNS Cache' button. 3. Enter the IP address of your Spotify account in the 'DNS Servers' field and click the 'Clear DNS Cache' button. 4. Restart your web browser. 5. If the error code 18 still persists, please contact customer service.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Contact Spotify support