The error code -36 mac is a general file transfer error code that appears when there is an issue with the file being transferred. This can happen for a number of reasons, including if the file is corrupt or if there is an issue with the file permissions.
You are here because you have a question about:
- mac error code -36
- error code -36 mac
1. Use the "force quit" option to close the offending program
To use the "force quit" option to close the offending program, follow these steps:
- Open the program that is causing the error.
- Click on the "force quit" button in the upper right-hand corner of the window.
- The program will close and you will be returned to the desktop.
2. Use the " Activity Monitor" to force quit the offending program
- Open the Activity Monitor application.
- In the Activity Monitor window, click on the "Processes" tab.
- Locate the offending program and force quit it by clicking on the "Force Quit" button.
- If the error code -36 appears in the "Error List" window, then the offending program is causing the problem and needs to be fixed.
3. Use the "Disk Utility" to repair the disk
- Open the "Disk Utility" application.
- Select the disk that needs repair and click the "Repair Disk" button.
- Select the type of repair that needs to be done and click the "Start Repair" button.
- If the repair is successful, the disk will be repaired and the error code -36 will be cleared.
4. Use the "Terminal" to change the permissions of the file
To change permissions on a Mac, open the Terminal application (found in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder) and type the following command: chmod -R 777 filename This command will change the permissions on the file to be read/write for everyone, including the owner.
5. Use the "Third-Party Software" to fix the error
- Open the "Third-Party Software" and click on the "Scan for Issues" button.
- On the "Scan for Issues" window, click on the "Error Code -36" button.
- On the "Error Code -36" window, the "Description" field will list the error code and the "Details" field will list the error message.
- Click on the "Fix Issues" button to fix the error.