Error retrieving information from server RH-01 in Google Play Store
What is Error retrieving information from server RH-01?
“Error retrieving information from server RH-01” is an error that usually occurs to Android users, which prevents them from updating or downloading apps from the Play Store. It may indicate that the device is unable to receive data from Google servers. There are many possible reasons for this error including errors in Google Play services, incorrect system settings, and manual disabling of components related to the Google Play Store. It may also occur on devices if their partitions were overwritten with a custom ROM file.
How can you fix Error retrieving information from server RH-01?
Some of the solutions to this error include synchronizing your Gmail account, turning on the settings for Date, Time and Timezone, clearing the cache for Google Play Store, and restoring your device to factory settings.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Sync your Gmail Account
“Error retrieving information from server” may occur if your Gmail account has been desynchronized to the Google Play Store. You may want to test a secondary account to conclude it (Option 1). If you do not have a secondary account you may remove and add your account to re-login it to refresh your connection to Google Play Store (Option 2).
Option 1. Use other Account
- Run Google Play Store.
- Click the setting, icon at the left side of the search bar. Please follow the image above.
- Click the arrow down, then click the secondary account.
- Then, try to update or download the application.
- If it was successful, you may go back to your primary account.
Option 2. Remove and Add Google account
- Go to Settings.
- Press Account.
- Select and press Google.
- Remove all Google Accounts.
- Add new Google account.
- Restart the device.
- Run Google Play Store.
- Then, download the apps you want to install.
Solution 2. Turn on Date, Time and Timezone
“Error retrieving information from server” may also occur if your Date, Time and Timezone settings are desynchronized with the Google Play Store server. Check if the settings are correct. Please see below.
Solution 3. Clear the cache of Google Play store and other services
“Error retrieving information from server” may also occur if a change was done and the cache did not update. Please clear it so unwanted cache will be deleted and will be refreshed with new data.
- Disconnect your internet connection.
- Go to settings.
- Look for Application.
- Look for Google play store and press Disable/Force to stop.
- Press clear cache and press Delete to confirm.
- Go back to application look for Google Play Services.
- Go to storage and press clear cache.
- Then press Manage storage, then press Clear All data, and then press OK to confirm.
- Now reconnect to your internet connection.
- Run Google Play Store accept the terms.
- Then, download the apps you want to install
If the error persists, please included clearing the caches of these services Download Manager, Google Play Services, and Google Services Framework.Last Updated on
Solution 4. Restore device to Factory Settings
If none of the previous solutions work and “Error retrieving information from server” persists, an error within your Android might be causing it. Try restoring your device to its factory settings.