iPhone error 27
What is iPhone error 27?
iPhone error 27 is an error that usually occurs when the device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.
How can you fix iPhone error 27?
Some of the solutions to this error include restoring your device by using Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode
iPhone error 27 or iTunes error 27 may appear when your iOS is corrupted. It may be fixed by doing a Device Firmware Upgrade. But if an iPhone gets stuck on boot up and encounters the error while in DFU mode, the cause may be a hardware failure. The most common cause of this is a NAND chip (also known as a storage device) failure. To confirm hardware failure, try to restore it with DFU mode multiple times.
- Run iTunes, then plug in your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to your computer using the bundled USB cable or a high-speed USB cable.
- Next, press and hold the home button and power button at the same time for 10 seconds. For iPhone 7, please use the Volume down button instead of the home button.
- Release only the power button after 10 seconds but keep hold the home button for additional five seconds (Volume down button for iPhone 7). If the Apple logo appears on the screen, please repeat the process.
- If the screen is still black, wait for the message to your computer’s iTunes “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.”
- Click “OK” to restore your phone, wait for the process to finish.
If the DFU mode did not work, request a warranty claim. If the device is out of warranty, go to your local cellphone repair shop with a chip level repair. They might be able to repair, replace or reprogram your NAND chip.Last Updated on