The Netflix error code NW-8-20 is a network connectivity error that can occur for a variety of reasons. The most common reason for this error is that the connection between the Netflix app and the Netflix servers is being blocked by a firewall or other security measure. Another possible reason for this error is that the Netflix app is not able to connect to the DNS server in order to resolve the Netflix server's IP address. This can happen if the DNS server is down or if the network is experiencing a DNS outage.
1. Restart your device
- Tap on the Home button to open the main menu.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings.
- Tap on General and then tap on Restart.
- Tap on Restart now.
- Tap on OK to restart your device.
2. Check your internet connection
- Open up your internet browser.
- Type in "http://www.netgear.com/support/" into the address bar.
- Click on the "Downloads" tab and then click on the "Product Support" link.
- Click on the "Check your internet connection" link.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- If the problem is with your internet connection, the Check your internet connection screen will tell you how to fix it.
3. Update your Netflix app
- Open the Netflix app on your device.
- Tap on the three lines in the top left corner.
- Select Settings.
- Tap on the Updates tab.
- Tap on the button to update your app.
- If there are any updates available, they will be downloaded and installed.
- Once the updates are complete, you will be prompted to restart your device.
- Once your device has restarted, you will be able to use the updated Netflix app.
4. Delete and reinstall the Netflix app
- Launch the App Store on your device
- In the App Store, tap on the Search bar at the top of the screen
- Enter "Netflix" into the search bar and press enter
- In the results screen, tap on the Netflix app icon
- On the screen that pops up, tap on the "Deleting" button
- On the next screen, tap on "Yes, delete this app"
- Once the app has been deleted, tap on the "Install" button
- On the screen that pops up, tap on the "Netflix" app icon
- On the next screen, enter your password and tap on the "Install" button
- Once the app has been installed, tap on the "OK" button
- If you are prompted to login, enter your credentials and tap on the "OK" button
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Contact Netflix customer support.