Netflix error code nw 4 7
What is Netflix error code nw 4 7?
Netflix error code nw 4 7 is an error code that usually shows up when the server has failed to receive your request to connect.
How can you fix Netflix error code nw 4 7?
Some of the solutions to this error include turning off your device, testing your home network, checking the DNS setting for a gaming console, and re-signing in to your Netflix account.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Turn off your device
Your device may be disconnecting intermittently with your modem router or your modem router might have been desynchronized with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) causing you to encounter Netflix error code nw 4 7. To refresh your device and hardware connection, kindly power it down by unplugging for at least one to three minutes. After a few minutes, turn on all your devices and try Netflix again.
Solution 2. Test your Home Network
There may be something wrong with your home network causing you to experience Netflix error code nw 4 7. Please test your home networks one by one.
- Test other LAN port from your router or modem
- Wifi: Check if you have a good signal. If not, transfer the devices closer to each other.
- Ethernet cable: Check if the cable is in good condition. Test by using a spare or borrow an Ethernet cable.
- If your home network is used by multiple users, check if they are using a use a huge amount of bandwidth. If they are, let them finish, then try again.
- If not, check your internet speed by visiting speedtest.net using your device or your PC and mobile phone. If the speed is far less than your subscribe internet speed, you may want to call your internet service provider they may be the causes of Netflix error code NW 4 7.
- Also, you might also want to ask the ISP provider how to set IP static on the modem they provided and what DNS server address is appropriate to stream on Netflix.
NOTE: For PS3, PS4, Xbox One and Xbox 360, please see below for additional Solution 3.
Solution 3. Check DNS setting for Gaming Console
The network setting set on your console could be the cause of the Netflix error code nw 4 7. Please configure the network settings back to the default setting.
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- For Xbox 360: Go to Settings ==> System Settings ==> Network Settings ==> Network ==> Configure Network.
- For Xbox One: Select All Settings ==> Network ==> Network settings ==> Advanced settings.
- Select DNS Settings and select Automatic.
- Turn off Xbox and turn on.
- Try Netflix.
PS3 and PS4
- From the main menu, go to Settings.
- Select Network Settings ==> Internet Connection Settings.
- Press OK on the confirmation screen.
- Select Custom.
- Choose either Wired Connection or Wireless, depending on your connection method.
For PS3 only, if Wireless, use the following steps before proceeding.
Under the WLAN section, select Enter Manually.
Press the right directional button three times to get to IP Address Setting.
For PS4 only, if Wireless, use the following steps before proceeding:
Under Use Wi-Fi, select Custom.
Select your Wi-Fi network name.
For both PS3 and PS4: If it is a wired connection, select Custom for Operation mode.
- Select Automatic for IP Address Setting.
- Select Do Not Set for DHCP hostname.
- Select Automatic for DNS Setting.
- Select Automatic for MTU.
- Select Do Not Use for Proxy Server.
- For PS3 only, select Enable for UPnP.
- Save your settings.
- Try Netflix.
A YouTube guide is provided for setting up DNS server for your router.
Solution 4. Re-sign in your Netflix
Your account may have been desynchronized, which causes the Netflix error code NW 4 7 to appear. Please re-in to your account and that might fix the problem.
For Smart TV and Roku
Here is a YouTube Video tutorial
- Run the Netflix application.
- Then press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up using your remote control arrow key.
- A secret window screen will appear with button, select the Deactivate button and then exit Netflix.
- Run the Netflix app again and then sign in to your account.
- Open Netflix and quickly hold Start and Select for at least 1 min.
- When a window request for re-register Netflix, close it.
- Re-open Netflix and update it.
- Then try Netflix again.
Solution 5. Bypass firewall or any policies
Netflix error code NW 4 7 may appear when your home network is using a firewall and security policies such as parental controls. You might want to configure your router/modem to let the device directly connect to the internet without passing the firewall and security policies. In addition, if your internet service provider (ISP) has policies that could interrupt the streaming, you might want to call them, to disabled it in your account. Some ISP has policies that are accessible, you might want to check their website and log in your account to disable it. If you did disable or enable any policies in your ISP account, to enable it to your home network, turn off your modem for at least 30 sec and turn it back.
Also, manually inputting DNS in your device network configuration may able to bypass the firewall that is set in the network. DNS such 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 are public DNS provided by Google for free. Some internet service provider gives free DNS, call them they might have a DNS that suits Netflix.